ASM925 with Online Operator Certification Course, Level 1
Training package includes ASM 925 and online Operator Certificate Course Level 1
1. ASM 925 slip meter (normally $3850) free shipping within continental United States
2. Online 925 Operator Certificate Course Level 1 (normally $499 per person)
3. Online Flooring: Design Considerations and Material Selection for Health, Safety, & Welfare (normally $130 person)
Price includes free shipping within the continental United States. Contact us for shipping cost to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, or beyond. The ASM 925 will ship in early April. The online Operator Course will also be available the first week of April. The online Flooring course is available now.
In this course you will:
1. Understand the physics of Coefficient of Friction (COF)
2. Understand how to calculate Static and Dynamic COF
3. Learn how to prepare, calibrate, and conduct wet DCOF tests using the ASM 925
4. Learn how to use the ASM 925 following B101.3 wet DCOF procedures
5. Learn how to select and maintain flooring materials for pedestrian walkways
6. Learn about the B101.1 SCOF, B101.3 DCOF, and A326.3 DCOF standards
7. Get an Excel spreadsheet that can be printed out and used during DCOF testing
8. Downloadable example of the ASM 925 DCOF data report generator for practice configuring your reports
9. Get a the downloadable ASM 925 Report Generator (Excel-based) with data included so you can get hands-on practice of setting up 925 reports
10. Get access to the 3-hour online CEU "Flooring: Design Considerations and Material Selection for Health, Safety, & Welfare"
After each lecture section there is an open book test of the material. A pass rate of 75% is required for successful completion of the course. Upon completion a digital "ASM 925 Operators Certificate, Level 1" and a CEU certificate for "Flooring: Material Selection and Design Considerations for Health, Safety, & Welfare" will be awarded and digitally delivered.
NOTE: We recommend purchase of the B101.3 Wet Static Coefficient of Friction test standard. The course teaches how to use the B101.3 procedure with the ASM 925 to measure installed surfaces but does not include any of the walkway safety information or the procedure for measuring uninstalled surfaces.
Craig Stephenson, President, American Slip Meter - "This course is approved by American Slip Meter. We recommend it for anyone using an 925. The videos teach you to properly prepare, calibrate, and test wet dynamic coefficient of friction"
David has over 15 years of developing walkway safety programs for all commercial facility types while at DiverseyLever, Johnson Wax, and Cintas.
He is a past Board Member at the National Floor Safety Institute and past Main Committee Member for the NFSI/ANSI B101 standard. He is currently a member of NFSI/ANSI B101.4 (Test Method for measuring the wet barefoot condition of flooring materials or products), ANSI A108 (Accredited Standards Committee on Ceramic and Glass Tile that manages the A137.1 and A326.3 standards), ASTM F13 (Pedestrian/Walkway Safety and Footwear), ASTM D21 (Polishes), F15.03 (Safety Standards for Bathtub and Shower Structures), and F06.6 (Resilient Floor Coverings - Slip Resistance).
He teaches the Substratum 3-day "Walkway Safety Professional" course, the 1/2 day "Introduction to Walkway Management", and the 3-hour "Design Considerations - Material Selection of Walkways for Health, Safety, and Welfare". Substratum is an approved CEU Provider for IDCEC.
He is a member of ASTM, ASSE, ISSA, FIRMA, and APEGM. He is a Fellow of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance. He has filed several patents related to walkway safety and has published articles and white papers in magazines like ISSA Today (ISSA), Facilitator Magazine (Restaurant Facility Management Association). He has presented to both company and industry events including RFMA and ACUHO-i (Assocation of College and University Housing Officers - International).
He has a Mechanical Engineering degree, has a Certificate in Assessing Walkway Safety from the University of Northern Texas, and is ANSI Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder #31.